Saddle Update!

saddle fitting
Prefer to listen to this post?

So we had the saddler out today and sadly it is kinda bad news… I need a new saddle. My current saddle is fab, but sadly falling apart. So it is unlikely to be worth anything, but if anyone wants a cheap temporary or breaking saddle send them my way!

The good news is, I get to go shopping for a new saddle and he shouldn’t be too hard to fit. The saddler said Scottie needs a Medium/Wide to Wide with a straight front. Because of this, she said to look at VSD and GPD saddles. On the plus side, if I ever want a dressage saddle, he should be easy to fit!

My preferences are leather, brown and a changeable gullet would be nice too! Saddles she suggested looking at are:
– Bates VSD M/W
– Kent and Masters GPD M/W, W
– Ideal VSD M/W

I am also waiting for a call back from a saddler who fits and stocks new and second hand saddles and hopefully they have something for us. In the mean time, if you come across anything I might be interested in saddle wise please let me know!

In the mean time, Scottie will be having more time off… well we will play a few games and do a wee bit of lunging. We might even risk some bareback… if I can actually get on… and find the courage somewhere! Hopefully we will have a new saddle soon!

One thought on “Saddle Update!

1. horse and human

September 28, 2015 at 4:59pm

I ride bareback regularly. I have a pad though as I do it regularly and this time of year she gets filthy 😉
    I like the Kent and Masters, friend has one.

• EquiPepper

September 29, 2015 at 12:18pm

I used to do it on other horses all the time and really like it. However, Scottie will have never done it and its a long way down if it worries him!

• horse and human

September 29, 2015 at 6:27pm

True.
        My tb was 15.3hh and I had no idea if anyone had ever done that with her.
        I used a Zilco pad back then, it was all I could find. Withers were, um. Ouchie.

• EquiPepper

September 29, 2015 at 8:00pm

He has huge shoulders not withers. But he is incredibly bony. I am tempted to try it at some point. maybe on a lead rein thou!

• horse and human

September 29, 2015 at 8:09pm

Just have a sit and get off. Build up from it. I backed my current lass without a saddle so it’s no big thing for her.

2. Www.Johnocurley.Com

October 20, 2015 at 5:23am

Hi therfe to all, as I am in fact keen of
    reading this web site’s post to be updated oon a regular basis.
    It consists of pleasant stuff.

• EquiPepper

October 21, 2015 at 9:47am

Thank you very much! Are there any bits in particular you would like to see more of?

Your email will not be published. Name and Email fields are required