GOOD NEWS! We have a saddle!

So we had the saddler back out today and we have finally got a saddle again after nearly a month! It is a lovely BJS GP saddle which is fully adjustable, nearly all leather, brand new and brown. I’m really happy with it and more importantly, Scottie is comfortable in it! It cost a little more than I was looking to pay but since it’s adjustable I don’t really mind and I’m just glad we’re able to get back to work.

12105756_10205329592181426_474336045882049721_n

I had to buy a new girth as Scottie has gone up several girth sizes since being off and has also started blowing out when you try and do the girth up at first… which isn’t helpful, but hopefully once he gets back to work he will lose some weight and stop blowing out, as this is a new thing!

Now we have a saddle, I am hoping to be able to put enough ground work in to enter E Dressage this month and hopefully will have more fun posts to share about our progress soon!

You may also like...

One thought on “GOOD NEWS! We have a saddle!

1. BHIB and Tom

October 22, 2015 at 9:10pm

Nice saddle! Something about dressage saddles that I always think they are so cool. 🙂

Permalink  ⋅ Reply
    • EquiPepper

October 23, 2015 at 10:06am

Thank you 🙂 It’s actually a GPD type though. Scottie needs a straight edge for his big shoulders!

Permalink  ⋅ Reply
      • BHIB and Tom

October 23, 2015 at 12:45pm

My mistake. I’ve been researching saddles for an upcoming photo shoot and didn’t realize the vast variety of saddles there are. (Not to mention price range! Holy crap!)

Permalink  ⋅ Reply
        • EquiPepper

October 23, 2015 at 12:46pm

I know it’s crazy isn’t it! I had never really heard of VSD and GPD which are basically straight cut GPs or dressage you can jump in until I got Scottie, never needed to think about it before!

Permalink  ⋅ Reply
          • BHIB and Tom

October 23, 2015 at 12:50pm

The catalog I’m shooting will have 40 models in it and 8 of them cost as much as my car!!! 🙂

• EquiPepper

October 23, 2015 at 12:57pm

If I spent that much on a saddle I would never want to use it… it might get damaged! aha

• BHIB and Tom

October 23, 2015 at 1:18pm

LOL I can’t be too critical, one of my camera lens cost about that much, but I got it on sale! 😉

2. akwardhuman

October 24, 2015 at 5:30pm

That is a lovely saddle. If I had one I’d be scared to use it incase I got it dirty/marked…

Permalink  ⋅ Reply

Your email will not be published. Name and Email fields are required