Prefer to listen to this post?
I’m sure many of you who follow horsey social media accounts will have heard of the Champions Willberry Charity Race which will be taking place at Cheltenham next year. For those of you who haven’t, where have you been?
This charity race is the coming together of two Cancer based charities; The Bob Champion Cancer Trust and Hannah’s Willberry Wonderpony Charity. The race hopes to raise a minimum of £100,000 and will take place on the 20th April 2017. There will be 12 riders taking part in the race. 6 of these riders will be top riders including; Nick Skelton, Tina Cook and Ben Hobday. The other 6 riders will be chosen from entries of riders from all different disciplines!
Now I don’t know about you, but I am really tempted to apply for this! It would be a fantastic opportunity I would never get again and it would be fulfilling my young dreams of being a jockey! (If only for the day!) However, I think I would struggle to find a racehorse to borrow… But I am still tempted!
So what are the requirements to ride in this race?
- 18+ years old
- Need to find your own horse which must be with a licensed trainer, be at least 4 years old and have run at least 3 times
- Must pay £250 once selected
- Must raise at least £2500 in sponsorship
- Must make yourself available for PR
- Must sign an insurance disclaimer and organise your own rider insurance
- Must be a good rider and provide evidence of this
- If you think you tick all the above boxes and think you would enjoy this amazing experience, then do visit the website and apply soon! Applications close on the 5th of December. (Link Here )
I will have to make up my mind soon as to if I want to apply or not as the clock is ticking! Do any of you think you will be applying?
Last Updated on 07/08/2018