Prefer to listen to this post?
Networking is a huge part of blogging and in supportive blogging networks there are so many different ways to support and appreciate what each other do. A great way to do this is via a blogger recognition award and I am pleased to tell you that I was nominated by Sophie from Team Tunnah Eventing and more recently The Scottish Rider. (I’m sorry if I have missed any other nominations, let me know an I will add you in too!) Thank you both, it means a lot to be one of your nominated bloggers!
Now there are a few conditions of accepting this award:
- Thank the nominating blogger
- Respond to the nominating blogger with a link to this post on their blog
- Share a story of how and why you started your blog
- Offer at least two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Pass on the nomination to another 15 bloggers!
- Write a post about the award
How EquiPepper started
I never planned on EquiPepper being a blog. At university we had to create an online portfolio as part of a business project to demonstrate our skills for our chosen career. At the time I was toying with the idea of having a business around retraining ex racehorses.
I wrote about my progress retraining Scottie and demonstrated my knowledge of the equine industry. I enjoyed writing it and keeping it up to date and before I knew it, my business project was over and I had a fully functioning blog!
My advice for new bloggers
- Find out what inspires you. Whether you blog for fun or for success, you will always have moments where you have no inspiration to write. If you can find places what motivate you early on it can make your life much easier! For example, I find browsing through my blogging networks and some groups on Facebook fantastic for finding ideas for blog posts.
- If you want to “be successful” do your research and work at it. No one becomes a blogging superstar over night. You have to analyse what works and what doesn’t and keep changing your approach to make it work.
- But just because it is hard, it should never not be fun! If you need a break from it all take a break.
My Nominated Bloggers
I have taken a long time to get round to writing this post, so much so that most blogs I know have already been nominated at least once. So I thought instead of nominating another 15 bloggers, I will share with you some fantastic places to discover more equine bloggers. These are places I enjoy browsing for blog posts to read and regularly find new blogs I enjoy.
Here you can browse the growing list of blogs registered with Haynet. On this page you can browse the blog titles in the different categories. If you go to the stables page, you can see a recent post from each blog. A great way to find interesting posts to read!
I have mentioned this group in a few other posts recently and there are some really fantastic bloggers in this group. As a member of this group you will see blog and social media accounts to follow, as well as individual blog and social media posts to browse!
If you blog through WordPress, make use of the Reader page. You can search and save tags and they will show you the most recent posts in all of WordPress to use these tags. Search for tags you use and discover like minded bloggers.
Last Updated on 07/08/2018