Today the second half of riders took to the dressage arena for the first phase of the competition. With a change to the dressage scoring, making Show Jumping and Cross Country time penalties more influential, the results are extremely close with very little separating the tops riders. Just 1 second over the time could really shake up the rankings!
The Top 10
- Oliver Townend & BALLAGHMOR CLASS = 20.8
- Mark Todd & KILTUBRID RHAPSODY = 23.4
- Rosalind Canter & ALLSTAR B = 23.9
- Jonty Evans & COOLEY RORKES DRIFT = 24.1
- Paul Tapner & BONZA KING OF ROUGES, Sam Griffiths & PAULANK BROCKAGH = 24.4
- William Coleman & OBOS O’REILLY = 24.6
- Michael Jung & LA BIOSTHETIQUE – SAM FBW = 24.7
- Yoshiaki Oiwa & THE DUKE OF CAVAN = 24.9
- Lauren Kieffer & VERONICA, Piggy French & VANIR KAMIRA = 25
“It’s nice to know I’m still improving” – Mark Todd
Mark Todd performed his best dressage test in 10 years today and in true Toddy character he had a real sense of humour about the whole thing!
Arctic Soul after Dressage
Gemma Tattersall and Arctic Soul rode a nice test today for a very respectable 30.8 leaving them in joint 35th place after the dressage. This leaves them exactly 10 points behind the leader, a clear cross country within the time (which this horse is certainly capable of) could easily put them back into the running.
Where are our favourites?
For many of us, it isn’t always the top horses and riders who matter. Sometimes it is just where our favourites are! So below you can find the results of my favourites who didn’t make it into the top 10.
- Mark Todd & Leonidas II = 23rd, 27.9
- Andrew Nicholson & Nereo = 33rd, 30.3
- Alexander Bragg & Zagreb = 29th, 29.6
- Ben Hobday & Mulry’s Error = 62nd, 38.7
- Tim Price & Ringwood Sky Boy = 14th, 25.8
- Jonelle Price & Classic Moet = 22nd, 27.6
- Pippa Funnell & Billy Beware = 13th, 25.7
- Clare Abbott & Euro Prince = 31st, 29.8
We now have the cross country to look forward to tomorrow! It sounds like the tricky fences and potentially heavy ground will make it a really influential phase and I can’t wait to see who is sitting at the top tomorrow.
“It’s simple really – you just jump the jumps.” – Rosalind Carter