Prefer to listen to this post?
Well there hasn’t been much difference in Scottie recently and he showed no improvement after the latest steroid injection into his navicular bursa. So we have decided to make the most of the time we have left on my insurance to send Scottie for another MRI .
Another MRI will tell us what the problem actually is. We know from the last time the vet was here that it is still below the pastern after he was nerve blocked and was sound. For the navicular bursa injection they also took some more x rays which didn’t show any problems either. So we are fairly confident that it is still a soft tissue injury.
While realistically the MRI won’t give us another treatment we can try, it will be good to know what the problem is and roughly how long it will take to heal. Since Scottie doesn’t seem to be improving on pen rest, I am expecting him to be put on box rest for a while, but we won’t know for sure until next week.
Sorry things have been a bit quiet recently. But I just haven’t had anything to update you with. But hopefully after Thursday I will have some news!